Use this page to find textbooks or other materials currently on reserve for your class. This includes electronic reserves (e-reserves). Bring the call number to the Circulation Desk. If you can't find the book, we still might have it. Check with a librarian. Read more...
The library has books, DVDs, and other required materials from many classes on reserve. Because of the high demand for these materials, they can normally be checked out for 2 hours. To check out a reserve book, you need to find the call number in the library catalog and write it down. If the material is on electronic reserve (e-reserves), it can viewed online.
- Search the catalog either using the form on this page or the Simple Keyword Search screen, using information about the class or the book. Examples of good searches:
- engwr 300 Selva
- admj 320 Kalar
- math 100 Larson
You can also use a word from the title or the author's last name to narrow it down, but this is usually not necessary. If you misspell the professor's last name or any other keywords, the search will not work.
Note: if no results appear, we might still have the book. Try typing a few words from the title and the author's last name in the Simple Keyword Search box. If you still can't find it, ask a librarian for help.
- Find the Location. SCC-Circ Desk means it is at the SCC main campus 2nd floor Circulation Desk. You may also see copies located on the 1st floor, ARC, CRC, or elsewhere. To use reserve items that are not at the SCC main campus, you would need to go to the location indicated in the catalog.
- Locate the Call Number. You should write this down in order to show it to library staff at the Circulation Desk.
- Check the Status. If it says "Available" or "Recently Returned," the book is available to be checked out. If you see a date and time, the book is currently checked out and is due at the time shown there. In some cases you might see "Missing" or "Billed"—the book in this case is not available.
- If you found the call number for an available book, bring the call number to the Circulation Desk along with your Student Access Card. If you can't find your book, ask a librarian at the Reference Desk or contact the library by phone, text, or online.